ICSPI has been researching and developing CMOS MEMS technology for scanning probe microscopes since 2007. Leveraging the world-class facilities and expertise at the University of Waterloo along with support from DARPA, ICSPI is commercializing the next generation of nanoscale metrology tools.
- D. Strathearn, N. Sarkar, G. Lee , M. Olfat , and R. R. Mansour, "The Benefits of Miniaturization of an Atomic Force Microscope", Proceedings of the 30th international conference on MEMS, 2017.
- M. Olfat, D. Strathearn, G. Lee, N. Sarkar, S. C. Hung, and R. R. Mansour, "A Single-Chip Scanning Probe Microscope Array", Proceedings of the 30th international conference on MEMS, 2017.
- N. Sarkar, G. Lee, D. Strathearn, M. Olfat, R.R. Mansour, "A Multimode Single-Chip Scanning Probe Microscope for Simultaneous Topographical and Thermal Metrology at the Nanometer Scale", Proceedings of the 29th international conference on MEMS, 2016.
- N. Sarkar, D. Strathearn, G.Lee, M. Olfat, R.R.Mansour, "A 0.25mm3 Atomic Force Microscope on-a-chip," Proceedings of the 28th international conference on MEMS, 2015.
- D. Strathearn, G. Lee, N. Sarkar, M. Olfat, R.R. Mansour, "A distortion-free single-chip atomic force microscope with 2DOF isothermal scanning," The 18th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems (Transducers 2015), pp 2113-2116, 2015.
- N. Sarkar, R. R. Mansour, “Single-chip atomic force microscope with integrated Q-enhancement and isothermal scanning,” Proceedings of the 27th international conference on MEMS, 2014.
- A. Azizi, N. Sarkar, R. Mansour, “Single-Chip CMOS-MEMS Dual Mode Scanning Microwave Microscope,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 61, Issue 12, pp. 4621-4629, 2013.
- N. Sarkar, G. Lee, and R. Mansour, “CMOSMEMS dynamic FM atomic force microscope,” in Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems, 2013 Transducers & Eurosensors XXVII: The 17th International Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
- N. Sarkar , R. R. Mansour , O. Patange , K. Trainor, “CMOS-MEMS Atomic force microscope," Transducers 2011 pp. 2610–2613, 2011.
- N. Sarkar and R. Mansour, “A CMOS-MEMS scanning probe microscope with integrated position sensors,” 1st Microsystems Nanoelectron. Res. Conf. MNRC 2008 - Enabling Synerg. Accel. Excell. Grad. Student Res., pp. 77–80, 2008.
- US Patent #US8402561 B2 "MEMS actuator device with integrated temperature sensors"
- US Patent #US9267962 B2 "Scanning probe microscope comprising an isothermal actuator"
- US Patent #US6806991 B1 "Fully released MEMs XYZ flexure stage with integrated capacitive feedback"
- US Patent #US6698201 B1 "Cascaded bimorph rotary actuator"
- US Patent #US6718764 B1 "System and method for microstructure positioning using metal yielding"
- US Patent #US6679055 B1 "Electrothermal quadmorph microactuator"